Get Fresh Air and Sunshine
-Have some fun in the sun renting a canoe or kayak on the Little Miami River. Scenic River offers canoe, kayak and tube trip rentals. You can purchase your tickets ahead of time here.
-Whether you like to walk your dog or take a bike ride, the Loveland Bike trail is a fun way to spend your day! Don’t own a bike? No worries, you can rent one!
-Gather up your family or friends to enjoy some drinks and play some sand volleyball at Fifty West. Fifty West has a total of six outdoor sand volleyball courts and hosts weekly leagues and tournaments.
Attend an Event or Take a Tour
-Schedule a Cincinnati beer, wine or bourbon tour. The brewery locations change based on the date of the tour. You can check the schedule on their website.
-Attend an event at Fountain Square. From trivia night to salsa night… there’s something fun for everyone! Check out their list of events here.
-Discover a different side of Cincinnati on a guided tour of the city’s underground tunnels. This tour is about 2 and a half hours, loaded with history about Cincinnati. You can purchase your tickets here.
Kick Back and Relax
-Cool off and visit one of Cincinnati’s local ice cream shops. Some of my favorites are The Cone, Flubbs, Norwood Delite Creamy Whip and Aglamesis Brothers. Stay tuned for a full list of Cincy’s best ice cream shops!
-Check out one of Cincinnati’s rooftop bars. There’s nothing better than a cold drink with a nice view. Check out my list of Cincinnati’s rooftop bars here.
-Pack your blankets, lawn chairs and your favorite snacks… there are tons of free movies playing this summer at our local parks. Summit Park, Washington Park and at the Liberty Center, to name a few.
Don’t Forget the Cincy Favorites
-A day at the Cincinnati Zoo is always fun. Fiona will sure bring a smile to your face!
-Watch your favorite Cincinnati sports team(s) play. The Red’s and FC Cincinnati have games lined up all summer long!
It’s an exciting week here in Cincinnati…baseball is officially back! Although the Reds open their season on the road for the first time since 1990, there is no need to leave Cincinnati to celebrate. I’ve created a list of everything you need to know to enjoy this annual Cincinnati tradition, right here in our city:
*All of these events will take place on Tuesday April 12th, 2022*
Washington Park’s Opening Day Party– From 10-4 PM, enjoy parade views, live music, family friendly games and activities, giveaways, drink specials and more!
Opening Day Party at Rhinegeist– The party starts at 9 AM, come party in OTR! Drink specials, live viewing of the game on taproom jumbotron, baseball-themed decor and giveaways.
Findlay Market Opening Day Parade– Starting at noon, the Parade starts at Findlay Market on Race Street. It will go straight down Race all the way down to 5th, turning east on 5th and ending at the Taft Theater.
Opening Day at Taft’s Ale House– Taft’s Ale House is opening at 9 AM to begin the celebrations and the first 100 people to purchase a pint of beer will get a FREE Opening Day koozie! There will be drinks, breakfast, lunch, kids pitching games, coloring stations, a photobooth and even a contest! They will be giving away FRONT ROW seats to the parade, right outside on the Ale House patio.
Opening Day at Beeline– This party is located at Newport on the Levee. Watch the big game on their giant LED’s and enjoy a drink or two at their riverfront cocktail bar! Take advantage of their drink specials.
Reds Opening Day at Braxton Cincinnati– Kick off Reds Opening Day at Braxton Cincinnati! You can enjoy the first Reds Game of the season at 4:10 PM at Braxton Brewing Co. They have cold drinks, great vibes and tons of TV’s… you can’t miss the game here!
Opening Day at The Banks– Several establishments at The Banks will be opening early to celebrate the return of baseball in Cincinnati. Enjoy drinks specials and all-day celebrations. Not to mention, this location is a part of the DORA zone.
As always, be safe, have fun and go Reds!
Calling all Cincinnati couples... this blog is just for you! My anniversary is just around the corner and one of my favorite things to do is put on a cute outfit and go on a special date. Although, you may be like me and feel like you’ve just about ran out of dinner ideas. I think it’s time we all try something new. Enjoy this list of best date night spots in Cincinnati. Send this to your significant other for a hint... 😉
- Emery - This one of a kind date night spot is located in the heart of Mariemont. Start off your evening ordering the whipped feta, one of Emery’s crowd favorites. Their menu has an entrée for just about everyone, but they are specially known for their seafood. End your evening enjoying Emery’s donut holes, dipped in their house-made chocolate sauce. Bonus- Their menu has a large variety of gluten free options.
- Primavista - Located less than 10 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. Enjoy your 5 star Italian diner with a view like no other. Primavista was named “Best Italian Restaurant” by Cincinnati Magazine. This date night spot has also won “Best Dining with a View,” “Best Date Spot,” “Most Romantic,” and many more by CityBeat and Cin Weekly. I highly recommend you plan out your reservation in advance, as this spot is very popular. Pro tip-when you make your reservation, try asking for a window seat, you won't regret it.
- Pep and Delores- Located in OTR. I know I just recommended an Italian restaurant but hey.. don’t we need MORE options?! I have never tasted pasta like I have at Pep and Delores, you have to try it! If you haven’t been, make a reservation for your next date night and try the marinated cucumbers for an appetizer and the pesto for your entrée. Those are my absolute favorites! I highly recommend ordering more than one plate of food, as the servings aren’t too heavy. I also recommend sitting in the basement for a romantic date night vibe.
- The Mercer- An American inspired bistro, located in the heart of OTR. Looking for downtown vibes with amazing service? Look no further than The Mercer! They are known for having exceptional service and food. Their menu does not disappoint as their meat falls right from the bone. Try one of their uniquely prepared entrées, paired with one of their many delicious side dishes. Make sure you follow along on their Instagram to see when they are serving special dishes!
- The Birch- Eat, drink, private dine and bottle shop... that’s what you’ll get at The Birch, located in Terrace Park. This establishment has some of the best cocktails in town! One of my friends, Adelina, enjoyed her date night at the Birch-she had a relaxing evening on the patio, while snacking on their favorite, a charcuterie board and the signature rose spritz. Not only is the patio super cute, the inside is decorated bright and lovely. She highly recommends! Be sure to check out their retail room on your way out, there is a very nice selection of wine.
- The Symphony Restaurant- This “hidden gem of Cincinnati” is a restored townhome turned into a hotel and Cincinnati restaurant. Treat yourself to a five-course, gourmet dinner in OTR, just across from the Music Hall. The historically furnished restaurant, jazz bar & lounge are perfect for a romantic date night. Their executive Chef, Tonya McGriff, changes the course dinner menu seasonally, so check out the menu on their website prior to going. Jazz music times are in high demand so make sure to have a reservation. You can reserve by calling 513-721-3353 or through Resy.
- Gaslight Bar & Grill- Located in Clifton, this restaurant has some major history! Prior to Gaslight opening up, the building was the Clifton Branch Library. Start your date off with a small plate of fried oysters, or one of the chefs favorites, Elotes. If you guys personally know me, you know I love natural light and huge windows... this place has both! Bright atmosphere by day, warm ambiance by night. End your evening with a cocktail while watching the sunset outside, as Gaslight Bar & Grill has a rooftop terrace. Cheers!
- Butcher and Barrel - A unique authentic Argentine restaurant located downtown Cincinnati. As you know, they eat a lot of meat in Argentina. I like to start off with my favorite, the smoked wings! Make sure you save room for your entrée, there’s plenty to pick from. Butcher and Barrel offers specials such as entrees for two, half price select bottles of wine on Thursdays and half price pasta night is on Sundays. Want to make the date really spicy? Enjoy salsa dancing, their Thursday night special. Have fun!
- Salazar Restaurant- Lovely interior, amazing food, refreshing drinks and delicious sweets are located in OTR. Start off your date by ordering one of their unique cocktails, the Lily Pad was quite refreshing. Some of my favorite entrées are the Wagyu Sirloin Steak and the Roasted Chicken Breast. I would say all of the food here is fresh and flavorful. End your night with house made ice cream or sorbet. Keep in mind, Salazar’s menus reflect the seasons and are subject to change.
- The View at Shires' Garden-Looking for somewhere with a good menu but also a good view AND patio? This date night spot stands high above the city, located on the 10th floor of downtowns City Club Apartments. I absolutely love the interior and vibes of this spot. There is an outdoor section on the rooftop where you can enjoy the city views with a drink, while watching the sunset. The cocktails here don’t only just look good, they taste good too! Check out their seasonal plates on their website, you won't be disappointed.
- Enoteca Emilia- Enoteca Emilia used to be located in O’Bryonville but closed just about five years ago. This date night spot made it’s comeback, opening back up at its new location in Loveland. Have you ever tried gnocchi? If not, you have to try the gnocchi at Enoteca Emilia. It’s also refreshing to know that every dish is made with fresh and local ingredients. Bon Appétit!
Whether it’s your anniversary or “just because”, we all deserve a special date night. Make sure you click on each restaurant that's listed, as it’s linked to each website for more details. Please reach out to me and let me know if you try any of these fabulous places with your significant other. I always love hearing your feedback. Enjoy!
There’s nothing better than a weekend brunch! If you’re located in Cincy, love a good brunch and you’re not sure of where to go, keep reading…
I asked around the locals in Cincinnati what everyone’s favorite brunch spot is and why. Here’s what I got:
•Red Feather Kitchen– Red Feather offers an upscale – casual dining experience, located in Oakley. Brittany C. was first to recommend this unique brunch spot. “Red Feather hands down has the best build your own bloody. The entire menu is 😍 *heart eye emoji*” – Brittany C. I can’t forget to mention, their sausage biscuits and gravy are to die for!
•Half Day Cafe– Check out this neighborhood family cafe, located in Wyoming and now Mason. “We love the atmosphere and the building. The staff is amazing and the food is incredible (especially the Mango Butter Rum Pancakes)”-Danielle H. “We’re kind of thinking that Cincinnati breakfast should be a blend of expected standards and unexpected surprises.”- Half Day Cafe.
•Toast and Berry– Toast and Berry is located in the heart of Montgomery. Everything served is made with fresh, high quality ingredients. You will not want to miss out on their cinnamon roll french toast. Keep in mind, Toast and Berry does not take reservations.
•Sugar n’ Spice Diner– This diner has been serving Cincinnati since 1941! “Today, Sugar n’ Spice prides itself on creating a fun, friendly, comfortable atmosphere, serving the same great food that has kept people coming back for generations.”- Sugar n’ Spice. This diner has two locations within Cincinnati, downtown Cincy and Reading Rd. Every person gets a special surprise at the end of brunch… you’re going to love this place!
•The Echo– Located in Hyde Park, this brunch spot is one of a kind. The menu always has weekly features, you can check it out online before going. “I have been going for years. I recommend getting the hot mess!”- Becky T. Great food, great location! If you’re in for a Sunday brunch at the Echo, make sure you check out the Hyde Park Farmers market after you eat.
•Hangover Easy-“Favorite brunch spot is Hangover Easy because they have unique options!” -Christina L. Hangover Easy is known for having tons of selections. Savory, sweet and even lunch options for those who don’t like breakfast foods. Plus the cocktails are amazing! Located on Short Vine in Clifton.
•Boomtown Biscuits & Whiskey– It sounds like this spot has the best biscuits in town. “Best biscuits around by far. Like I could eat them until the point of being unable to breathe. They also have amazing Thai lemongrass shrimp & grits, and honestly so many other good things on their menu! Their service and owner/managers are also always fantastic!”- Emily W. This spot is located on Broadway Street.
•Northside Yacht Club – Brunch is only available on Sundays at the Northside Yacht Club. This spot is unique and I hear their bloody Mary’s are to die for! Bring your pup to brunch because the patio is pet friendly. If you hadn’t guessed already, this brunch spot is located in Northside.
•Crown Republic Gastropub– From bottomless mimosas to a hearty brunch, you can’t go wrong with this place! Crown Republic is located in the heart of OTR. I went myself and tried the business special…it was amazing! The portions were fairly large. I left brunch feeling happy + full.
•Maplewood Kitchen and Bar– Offers a West Coast-style cuisine. “They excel at all things I look for in a brunch place…brunch menu options are unique and taste amazing! (Sweet and Savory). Juices are not an afterthought, they are fresh squeezed and delicious- not pre made. Their coffee is from an espresso bar…. no watered down crap in a canteen!” – Ali-Page W. Sounds like this place has it all! Located downtown and now in Mason.
•Taste of Belgium– Taste of Belgium is a restaurant group of Belgian-inspired eateries. There are currently six locations throughout Cincinnati. “They have the best waffles hands DOWN! I have tried a few and nothing compares, probably because it’s the best waffle ever”- Christina L. Emily recommends getting the nutella and banana waffle. The goetta hash is pretty bomb too. Check out their website (linked above) to make your reservation today!
Now you’re never going to run out of places to brunch! Feel free to let me know if you tried anywhere recommended. I’d love to hear about your experience too.
*For more details, make sure you check out the websites linked above. Hours of operation may vary due to COVID.*
Check out the Home with Hannah Downs blog for more fun things in Cincinnati. Stay tuned for brunch list number TWO, as I’ve received tons more brunch recommendations!